MyFeeds is an RSS News Feed Reader for Windows Phone. Read all of your news on the go. No online accounts required; MyFeeds is self-contained. Support for streaming podcasts as well!
Add feeds manually, by searching or by importing your existing feed list in OPML format. MyFeeds will also attempt to auto-discover feeds from a website URL. Send items to Facebook, Twitter, Instapaper.com, email or SMS recipients.
Contact me about MyFeeds at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suggest and vote on features at the MyFeeds UserVoice site.
MyFeeds in the News
- Bugfix - OverflowException while parsing some feeds with enclosures was causing app to crash. Fixed!
- Fixed Null Reference Exception when navigating away from the Article Page.
- Option to allow download of podcasts on cellular network.
- Option to allow download of podcasts on battery power.
- Option to disable streaming of podcasts.
- Bug fix: certain feeds causing app to crash when adding or updating.
- Bug fix: Work-around for a Windows Phone 8 platform bug. This was causing the app to crash sometimes when accessing the local database. The work-around will prevent crashes, but sometimes data will not be updated.
- Fixes crashes on Windows Phone 8 devices while feeds are updating.
- Allows application settings to be reset to the defaults.
- App is crashing when returning to the article view page from the browser – Fixed.
- App is crashing on certain devices on initial startup – Fixed.
- View in Browser now gives the option to browse the article using “Instapaper Text”.
- Allow longer URLs for feeds.
- New Category View – View all articles in a category in one list.
- Edit the title and message when sharing on social networks.
- Short or full links when sharing on social networks.
- Bug fixes and stabilization.
- Live tile. Displays number of feeds with unread items on the front. On the back you can see how how many unread items there are.
- Pin feed to start screen. Tile displays how many unread items that feed has.
- Podcasts play using the background audio feature in Windows Phone 7.5. The app no longer has to be running to listen to podcasts!
- Search is vastly improved with much better results!
- Use checkboxes to select feeds and then mark as read/unread, edit, delete, etc. No more “tap and hold” to edit feeds, etc. The context menus are gone as well!
- User can select how many feed items to keep. There is both a global setting and a per feed setting.
- The update button now updates either the selected category or the selected feed, depending on which page you are on.
- After you tap on a feed in the category page, the next page will now only display the feed you tapped on. You’ll have to hit the back button to select another feed. This change was necessary to conserve memory. The result is greatly improved performance and the ability to run on 256MB devices.
- Images are cached persistently. Once they download, they can still be seen when there is no Internet connection available. User can configure how many days to cache images.
- Removed embedded browser and all links open in IE. With the lighter memory footprint, the app resumes much quicker when returning from IE now.
- Improved loading time and better performance all around.
- Feed data is stored in a database now and data will not become corrupt if the app shuts down or crashes while updating.
- Article has blank space at top when there was no image associated. Fixed.
- RSS feeds with no description tag cause app to crash. Fixed.
- RSS feeds using Cyrillic (windows-1251) codepage do not display properly. Fixed.
- Reports errors in background.
- Collects anonymous usage data.
- Supports fast app switching.
- Article view now has in-line links, thanks to the new RichTextBox in Mango!
- You can now copy and paste OPML for import and export of your feed list.
- Long text in articles was getting cut off. This is fixed.
- A bug was sometimes causing a crash when loading feeds from local storage.
- Bugfix – App crashes when resuming to the Feed Item Display page.
- Bugfix – App crashes occasionally when feeds are updating.
- Bugfix – App crashes occasionally when navigating between pages.
- Bugfix – Found another bug which was causing feeds to be deleted if they were being saved while the app is shutting down. Now the most that can be lost are the feed items.
- Bugfix – Not all feeds updated when app starts.
- Bugfix – Feeds may be deleted if being updated when app is shutting down.
- Fixed 4 crashing bugs.
- Improved load time.
- Fixed bug when posting to Twitter.
- Feeds now update completely in the background.
- New article view does not rely on web browser control.
- New in-app web browser for viewing the full article and links in the articles.
- Allows portrait mode to be locked.
- Option to stream or download podcasts.
- Image size is based on font-size selection.
- Read/Unread indicator in feed item list.
- Podcasts only show as “read” after fully listening to them.
1.10: This is mostly a bug fix and stabilization release.
- Landscape support for Facebook and Twitter sharing pages.
- Fixed error when adding certain podcast feeds.
- “Allow to run under lock screen” setting was not being saved.
- Fixed crash when user deletes all feeds and navgates back to the main page.
- All string parsing and comparisons now globalization aware.
- Fixed crash while downloading certain feed images.
- Fixed crash caused by links in certain feeds being invalid.
- Fixed bug where podcast is not playing, user fast forwards, then podcast starts playing automatically.
- Added button on “about” page to send email to the developer (me!)
- Share items via Facebook
- Share items via Twitter
- New icon and start menu tile.
- New splash screen.
- View full articles in the app without launching external browser.
- Messagebox popups no longer make that annoying sound!
- Bug fix: When app loads, the feeds in the first category are now updated if you have auto-update configured.
- Ability to play podcasts while the screen is off or locked.
- Bug fix: Podcasts no longer repeat when the end is reached.
- Fixed a crash that would occur sometimes when tapping on an article to read.
- Option to Show/Hide read items.
- Show unread count on Feed List page.
- Show unread count on Feed page.
- Changed link color in article view in Dark Theme to make it easier to read.
- Feed title text dims when all items are read.
- Selectable font size in article view.
- More space for reading in article view.
- Mark all as read/unread.
- Fixed bugs in ATOM parser.
- Added support for RDF.
- Turn images on and off in lists.
- Select image size in lists.
- Select list font sizes for articles and feed titles separately.
- Fixed two bugs that were causing crashes.
- When sharing via email, subject is correctly filled in with the article title.
- Feed search now uses Google RSS search. Results are vastly improved!
- Shows publish date in Feed Item page.
- Fixed some bugs in navigation so the app shows the last feed or category you were viewing when pressing the back button.
- Extended characters now handled in feed titles, feed descriptions and feed items.
- Fixed “Sequence contains no elements” message when updating feeds.
- Saves URL of the last import.
- Export your feed list to OPML via email
- Manual update mode
- Cut & Paste feeds from one category to another
- Download all feeds and monitor progress
- General stability and performance improvements
- Improved podcast support
- Selectable font sizes in Feed Item List
- Pictures in Feed Item List
- Pictures in Feed List
- Embedded Web Browser now keeps track of history